unfoldingWord is not a law firm and does not provide legal services or legal advice. Distribution of this public license does not create a lawyer-client or other relationship. unfoldingWord makes this license and related information available on an “as-is” basis. unfoldingWord gives no warranties regarding this license, any material licensed under its terms and conditions, or any related information. unfoldingWord disclaims all liability for damages resulting from its use to the fullest extent possible.
Licensed Material means the literary work to which the Licensor applied this Public License.
Licensor means the individual(s) or entity(ies) granting rights under this Public License.
Licensed Rights means the rights granted to You subject to the terms and conditions of this Public License.
You means any individual or entity now and in the future who exercises the rights granted under this Public License. Your has a corresponding meaning.
Licensor grants you the right to:
- Translate — Subject to the terms and conditions of this Public License, Licensor hereby grants You a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, non-sublicensable, irrevocable license to Translate the Licensed Material, in whole or in part into any different language(s).
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must attribute the source of the translation in a reasonable and noticeable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- Perpetual. Licensor may not revoke this license as long as you comply with the license terms and conditions.
- Copyright of Translated Material. The Licensor grants You ownership of all copyright and similar rights in your translations from the Licensed Material, including the right to license your translated works.
- No endorsement. Nothing in this Public License constitutes or may be construed as permission to assert or imply that You are, or that Your use of the Licensed Material is connected with, sponsored, endorsed, or granted official status by, the Licensor.
- No trademarks. Licensor’s trademarks and Licensed Material’s branding are not licensed under this Public License.
- No royalties. To the fullest extent permitted by law and equity, Licensor waives any right to collect royalties from You for the exercise of the Licensed Rights, whether directly or through a collecting society under any voluntary or waivable statutory or compulsory licensing scheme.